While many professional groups collect fees from all parties including their members, meeting attendees, advertisers as well as vendors/sponsors, Local Facilities Manager's Connection (LFMC) has chosen not to charge members annually nor for meeting attendance. As a facilities, maintenance and/or risk professional you may have had to pay several hundred dollars for an annual membership as well as a monthly fee to attend a meeting and receive lunch, while this capital allows the parent organization to provide additional resources our group has decided that we will follow a structure that does not charge the members who are the core of the group. Many of these same organizations that charge their members are also charging vendors for membership, attendance, advertising, meeting sponsorship and conferences, in addition to the monies already collected from facilities members. As discussed in an interview last year, it is encouraging to find organizations such as NFMT that provide services to facilities professionals without charge (their conferences are free to attend) as they recognize that working with their partners (vendors) creates enough capital to extend services to their membership (read more in our LFMC interview with NFMT HERE).
For Local Facilities Manager's Connection we want to update our member contact information, gather some data and ensure that those who wish to receive exclusive interaction are identified properly. If you are a local facilities, maintenance and/or risk professional and either have not applied for membership or haven't renewed your information this year, please do so at your earliest convenience HERE. To read and understand a bit more about the ideology in the formation of our peer driven group, you can read the article published through Facility Executive HERE.
Our focus at LFMC is value. We create value for our members through:
1. LFMC membership is FREE - while you can donate or opt to pay what you think membership is worth, you are not required to pay for your membership. We found that many local facilities, maintenance and risk professionals were not able to attend other organization because of the annual fees and monthly dues/charges. At LFMC we run lean and mean by keeping our cost as a group rather low, by doing so we are able to continue offering membership and attendance for FREE. With additional resources from members, organizations and partners we would be able to explore additional outreach, materials and social options.
2. LFMC attendance is FREE - facilities managers will not be charged to attend meeting, we are able to keep our costs for meetings at a minimum because local members open their facilities to host the meeting and often provide simple refreshments such as coffee and pastries at their own cost. LFMC members and their organizations make our costs minimal for hosting meetings and rather than profit from that by charging for attendance we make attendance FREE. We have started reaching out to value added vendors, partners and potential sponsors but as discussed as a group we will be selective in doing so.
3. LFMC is peer to peer and discussion based - many professional organizations, whether they focus on facilities or other industries, run a format of vendor presentation and then a lecture on a topic. Our members have continued to express that we feel our greatest value comes from mining the knowledge, experience and discussing relevant issues from within our local resources. As such our structure is to tour local facilities, review recent projects and open the floor for discussion around a particular topic so that our local facilities professionals can share their insights, questions and resources. For LFMC meetings we pick a topic of the month and focus our discussion on that, often additional topics are raised as in facilities management something new is always popping up.
4. LFMC's approach to vendors - if you have attended networking meetings than you are all to familiar with the meeting where you discover that there is an abundance of vendors and very few peer professionals in the meeting. In keeping with the LFMC focus on value, our members have expressed that we will be selective in the vendors, partners and sponsors that we invite to interact with our group. We welcome the input of professionals in field that we have needs for interaction with vendors but want to ensure that representatives from outside organizations understand the vision and values of our group. This also creates value for those partners that interact with LFMC as they are not going to find themselves surrounded by competitors within their industry but rather will be a part of something intimate within the group.
5. LFMC membership - while most of the monthly information and weekly updates come through the website and/or email which is distributed to our "broad" email list (all emails BCC), there are conversations that happen through our exclusive "member" email list (all emails visible). If you would like to be included in our email list contact us HERE and if you would like to apply for membership to be included in exclusive discussions please fill out the form HERE. LFMC also communicates through Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook. You can read more about the concepts behind the formation of our group in the article published through Facilitiesnet HERE.
If you want more information about LFMC or would like to meet for coffee with a representative - please contact us HERE.
If you would like to discuss becoming a partner, sponsor or advertise with LFMC - please contact us HERE.
If you would like to apply for membership and/or renew your information - please fill out our membership form HERE.
LFMC Articles in trade publications
Business Coaching & Consutling